PC Minutes 1 October 2019

Denstone Parish Council

PC Minutes 1st October 2019

 Attendees: Cllr M Shermer (Chair), Cllr E Edmonds, Cllr B Wright, Cllr S Ratcliffe, Cllr L Beckett-Fountain and Cllr C Kelly, Cllr K Stratton Apologies Cllr J Mountney, Cllr J Turner and Borough Councillor S Sankey 
 The minutes of the meeting held on the 10th September 2019. The minutes were signed and dated by Cllr M Shermer, and the clerk. These were agreed by all as a true record of the meeting. 
 Declaration of interest None 
 Adjournment for public participation – A 20mph speed limit was suggested in the village due to the traffic down College Road, the clerk informed the meeting that she had heard from Kevin McCammon and James Hartley informing us that a letter had been issued to all parents 2 weeks into the term and the 6th form members who drive have been spoken to. It was agreed that the Parish Council would see if anything improves if not then we will contact the College again. However, the clerk said that she would chase Kevin on the issues raised last time he came to the meeting.Mobile Post Van – this was raised as it had not been seen in the village for a while, Cllr Kelly agreed to check that if it arrived on Monday, if not she would let the clerk know,          Clerk     Cllr Kelly
 Matters Arising/Clerks Report Correspondence Received – It was agreed that there was nothing to discuss from the SPCA Bulletins. Lengthsman’ Post – A member of the village has expressed an interest in the Lengthsman’s Post. The clerk is agreed to send an up to date contract to the gentleman concerned.Accounts – The Accounts were checked by Cllr Ratcliffe and Cllr Kelly and found everything to be correct. The clerk will bring the documentation for signing at the next meeting.Draft Supplementary Planning Documents for consultation – Cllr Shermer and Cllr Edmonds raised issues regarding this and the impact that it will have on the Neighbourhood Plan. The clerk has contacted Naomi Perry for this to be discussed at the Planning session on the 8th October. Stone Work on Railway Line – The clerk informed the meeting that she had been informed by the Ranger that he had passed this issue onto Sarah Bentley. Clerk had chased Sarah for an answer but had not received a reply as yet.Website Template -The clerk informed the meeting that as requested she had spoken to Carolyn with regards to the website templates that were advertised in the SPCA Bulletin 19th September 2019. Carolyn agreed that it would be an excellent idea to take up the Standard template. She did however mention that it was important for us to add items to it. Carolyn also asked if anyone else would be interested in taking over the managing of the Website. Cllr Kelly informed the meeting that her son would be interested in managing the website for Denstone for a small charge. It was agreed that the clerk would look into the following issues before the next meeting. How much time Carolyn spends on the Website? If there would be a conflict of interest for Cllr Kelly son taking on the role.? Clerk to contact SPCA      Clerk       Clerk     Clerk                   Clerk
  6.  Planning Applications (Permitted & Refused are decisions by ESBC below P/2019/00530 – Land adjustment to Ford Croft House Upper Croft Oak Road Denstone ST14 5HT Decision.   
  7.Fresh Air Gym – Cllr Kelly informed the meeting that she met with Richard Twigg from 4Grants along with Cllrs Shermer and Stratton in the village and they visited the site for the gym. With regards to the funding the first application to the National Lottery Community for £10k had been sent off. Second application to The Community Foundation for Staffordshire J & O Lloyd Trust Community Grant was also to be sent off. It was also agreed to apply to Sport England as well. Cllr Shermer thanked Cllr Stratton and Cllr Kelly for all their work on the funding.           
  8.Railway Line/Picnic Benches – Cllr Edmonds informed the meeting that Andrew Burton had offered the Parish Council 2 picnic tables. It was agreed that we would take a look at them and possibly put them on the Old Railway. 
  9.V E Day Celebrations – Cllr Edmonds informed the meeting that there was a meeting last week with all the groups involved (PC, Denstone Players and the WI) he confirmed that things are moving along well. All the groups have been given tasks. The activities for the children, Teddy Bears Trail the week before, Frog Racing, Human Fruit Machine, hook the nose, Cllr Edmonds also asked if anyone knew of anyone who had WW2 Vehicles? Cllr Kelly confirmed that she did and she would ask if it was possible to bring some vehicles to the village. There would be a toast at 3pm and at 7pm there would be a Denstone version of the peace cry. The road will be closed to the centre of the village. A Flyer will be issued shortly, Cllr Shermer asked if all the usual deliverers would be available. Everyone agreed.   
10.BKV – Cllr Shermer read out the positive points of the judges’ comments. It was agreed that the full document would be put on the website and the notice boards around the village. It was also agreed that a letter of would be sent to Chris Podmore with regards to the closure of the Tavern.Clerk     Clerk
12.Denstone Meadow – Cllr Edmonds informed the meeting that unfortunately due to the bad weather not a lot had been done on the Meadow, However, some work on the hedge has been done and some trees have been donated from the Queens Commonwealth Canopy Project, thanks to Cllr Kelly. Still on track for opening late spring early summer 2020. 
13.Country Show Representative – Cllr Beckett-Fountain informed the meeting that it had been agreed to go forward with another show for next year. However, this would not be bank rolled by the Tom Boden Memorial Sports Trust. The committee would bank roll the next show. The next meeting is 7th November in the village hall everyone is welcome. 
14.Village Hall Committee feedback – Cllr Shermer informed the meeting that there have been difficulties with the clock, a sign will be installed as a memorial for the late Dennis Parker, research for this continues. The shed at the rear of the hall will be moved, but the soft floor will remain. A 20ft container will be installed at the back of the village hall for storage for the Denstone Players. Funding for this is still being sought. Finally. on the 12th October there will be a fundraising event in the village hall. Heather Bells and U3A who play the Ukulele. There are posters on the notice boards tickets are £8. 
15.Report of Junior Play Area – The clerk had already sent out the report prior to the meeting, the main issue is the gates as they do not close properly. As well as the gates the post also needs replacing. Cllr Beckett- Fountain offered to research this and report back at the next meeting. The woodwork also needs painting. A working party to be organised for next spring. Clerk to put on agenda for February next year.      Clerk
16.Report of Senior Play Area – The clerk had already sent out the report prior to the meeting, all low risks issues, the only pressing thing was some exposed nails. Peter Robotham informed the meeting that he would sort those out. 
17.Highways Issues – Traffic Issues & Stubwood sub-committee – Cllr Shermer informed the meeting that she had a further meeting with John Kavanagh and Cllr Atkins at JCB and will contact the Parish Council when with any update after the meeting. Potholes and drainage issues in the village – The drains are blocked up College Road at the bottom of Narrow Lane and near the Stone House. Clerk to report.Footpaths – There are 2 dead trees on the Main Road clerk to report. Cllr Edmonds to look at replacements.Pavements – Clerk to contact SCC regarding the pavements on Marlpit lane.            Clerk     Clerk
18.Finance/Payments – To approve the following payments: Proposed by Cllr Ratcliffe and seconded by Cllr Wright. Webmaster pay for September 2019= £25.00 + domain renewal £11.99 =£36.99 [LGA 1972 s142 & 144] Clerk’s pay for September 2019 (Made by Standing Order) = £379.28 [LGA 1972 s112] Clerk’s expenses for September 2019 = £14.40 (LGA 1972 s111) Eon Lighting September 2019 = £22.49 [Parish Councils Act 1957 s3] J Etherington – Cleaning Village Hall Toilets September 2019 =£40.00 
 Items for future Agenda AccountsOn line Banking   
 Dates of next meeting 5th Nov and 3rd Dec 2019 
Skip to content