PC Minutes 13 May 2019

Denstone Parish Council

PC Minutes 13th May 2019

 Attendees: Cllr M Shermer (in chair), Cllr E Edmonds, Cllr L Beckett-Fountain, Cllr S Ratcliffe, Cllr C Kelly, Cllr B Wright, Cllr J Turner, Cllr J Mountney and Borough Councillor S Sankey. Apologies Cllr K Stratton 
 Election of Chair – Cllr Wright proposed that Cllr Shermer be Chair, this was seconded by Cllr Ratcliffe and accepted by Cllr Shermer. 
 Election of Vice Chair – Cllr Edmonds proposed that Cllr Mountney be Vice Chair, this was seconded by Cllr Turner and accepted by Cllr Mountney. 
 The minutes of the meeting held on the 2nd April 2019. The minutes were signed and dated by Cllr Margaret Shermer, and the clerk. These were agreed by all as a true record of the meeting. 
 Declaration of interest Cllr Ratcliffe 8c 
 Adjournment for public participation –None 
 Matters Arising/Clerks Report Correspondence Received – Noted. Insurance Renewal – It was unanimously agreed that the Parish Council would take on a 5-year contract with Zurich Insurance. This would cost £1479.64 for the first year. Financial Regulations – The clerk sent out a copy of the Financial regulations prior to the meeting. It was agreed by all that the clerk would complete the various areas as discussed and then send the completed document to the councillors. SIDS – It was unanimously agreed to park this for now. Declaration of interest forms – the clerk passed these out to all the councillors present for completion. These would then be sent to ESBC Declaration of Office – the clerk passed these out to all the councillors present for completion.    Clerk     Clerk         Clerk    
8.  Planning Applications (Permitted & Refused are decisions by ESBC below P/2019/00369 Erection of single storey side and rear extensions to dwelling and one and a half storey side extension to existing detached garage (Amended Description). Hillview Hollington Road Rocester. No ObjectionP/2019/00471 Outline application for the erection of a dwelling with all matters reserved. Land at Marlpit Lane Denstone Staffs No ObjectionP/2019/00426 Retention of Pergola, JCB Golf and Country Club, Hollington Road Rocester. No Objection   
  9.BKV – Cllr Mountney began by expressing sincere thanks for all who had helped with the BKV. She informed the meeting that she had taken some pictures of all the work done and put them on the Facebook page. The clerk was asked to contact Highways to ask for a road sweeper to come around the village. TaylorMade are cutting the verges every two weeks. They have also donated some planters for the village and the funding from Gary Plant will pay for the plants to go in the planters. TaylorMade have said that they would like to become more involved more with BKV in future, The BKV group had an idea to ask the Art group in the village if they would consider painting a mural in the old Bus Shelter in the Village. Jean informed the meeting that the Art group had now agreed to do this and they would present the Parish Council with their ideas. 
 10.Teen Play Area Survey – Cllr Shermer informed the meeting that the previous meeting scheduled for the 30th April was cancelled whilst further information was being gathered. The new date for the next meeting is 23rd May at 7.00pm at Cllr Shermer’s house. Cllr Stratton has obtained 6 quotes from various companies to supply the AAEA equipment. Cllr Shermer gave these quotes out during the meeting and it was unanimously agreed that the Sub-committee could choose one of the quotes at the next meeting Sub-committee meeting. Cllr Ratcliffe donated £40 to the Teen play area funding pot. Cllr Shermer thanked Cllr Ratcliffe for his kind donation.Cllr Shermer
        11.Grit Bins– Cllr Ratcliffe informed the meeting that JCB would not pay for the Grit Bin for the school. Clerk to contact the school informing them that the Parish Council had tried to get funding but unfortunately were unable to obtain this. Clerk to get a quote and send it to the councillors.Clerk
12.Social Media – Cllr Mountney informed the meeting that Margaret would be the first of the councillors to take part in meet the councillor on the website.Cllr Mountney
13.Denstone Diary –Cllr Shermer informed the meeting that volunteers were required to deliver the Denstone Diary to all houses in the village. The following volunteered, Cllr Beckett-Fountain, Cllr Kelly, Cllr Wright, Cllr Shermer, Cynthia, Ian, Jean, Robert, Barbara and Eddie. 
14.Country Show Representative – Cllr Beckett-Fountain agreed to be the Parish Councils representative at the Country show meetings. Cllr Beckett Fountain informed the meeting that all the meetings were going well, they had plenty of volunteers for the big day but more were welcome. 
15Post Office – It was agreed that theclerk would continue to try and contact the post office with regards to clarifying the times when the mobile post office would be in the village.Clerk
16.Village Hall Committee Member – Cllr Shermer informed the meeting that there was nothing to add from the Village Hall. 
17.Highways Issues – Traffic Issues & Stubwood sub-committee –Cllr Shermer informed the meeting that Cllr Edmonds and herself would be attending a meeting on the 14th May with John Kavanagh from JCB, Cllr Atkins and Richard Rayson from SCC. This was to discuss Stubwood Hollow as discussed previously. Cllr Beckett-Fountain also suggested contacting Denstone College for funding, this was agreed as good idea if the funding could not be obtained from JCB. Cllr Shermer informed the meeting that she would update the Parish Council at the next meeting. The clerk informed the meeting that the noticeboard at Stubwood was damaged and letting in water. Cllr Edmonds volunteered to have a look at the noticeboard. Potholes and drainage issues in the village – Cllr Shermer advised the meeting that a resident had fallen due to a pothole in the village. This had now been repaired by SCC. Thank you to Richard Rayson for getting it sorted so quickly.Footpaths – Nothing to add. The clerk added that a donation had been made to the Parish Council by the late Rose Edge. Rose was a lovely lady who will be sadly missed in the village and the Parish Council would like to pass on their condolences to Rose’s family and many friends.      Cllr Shermer       Cllr Edmonds
18.Finance/Payments – To approve the following payments: Proposed by Cllr Edmonds and seconded by Cllr Ratcliffe. Lascombe Consulting Ltd pay for April 2019= £25.00 [LGA 1972 s142 & 144] Clerk’s pay for April 2019 (Made by Standing Order) = £340.17 [LGA 1972 s112] Clerks Back Pay until Standing Order increased – £39.11 [LGA 1972 s112] Clerk’s expenses for April 2019 = £52.48 (LGA 1972 s111) Eon Lighting May 2019 = £22.49 [Parish Councils Act 1957 s3] J Etherington – Cleaning Village Hall Toilets May 2019= £40.00 Gardener John Jilbert = £600.00 Zurich Municipal – Insurance 5-year contract= £1479.64 Lengthsman £10.00 + £5.50 for oil for the strimmer =£15.50 Margaret Shermer Fence paint £35.97 Oak Road Play Area Fence W Burton & Sons Fence £16.80 Oak Road Play Area Fence, A C Landscapes £122.31 BKV Poster Prizes – J Sadler = £12.00 Mr F I Gustard – Stain for the benches BKV = £41.56 
 Items for future Agenda None   
 Dates of next meeting Annual Meeting and Parish Meeting 4th June, 2nd July and 10th September 2019 
Skip to content