PC Minutes 2 July 2019

Denstone Parish Council

PC Minutes 2nd July 2019

 Attendees: Cllr M Shermer (Chair), Cllr E Edmonds, Cllr B Wright, Cllr J Turner, Cllr J Mountney, Cllr K Stratton, Cllr S Ratcliffe and Borough Councillor S Sankey. Apologies Cllr L Beckett-Fountain and Cllr C Kelly. 
 The minutes of the meeting held on the 4th June 2019. The minutes were signed and dated by Cllr Margaret Shermer, and the clerk. These were agreed by all as a true record of the meeting. 
 Declaration of interest None 
 Adjournment for public participation – It was raised that the embankment on the Old Railway Line was in desperate need of cutting. It was agreed that Cllr Wright would speak to the Lengthsman regarding this issue. The meeting was informed that there was a deep pothole outside the Stone House on College Road on the left-hand side of the road before the bend. This was more that 40millimetres deep. Cllr Turner to forward a photo of this to the clerk to send to the SCC.It was raised that TaylorMade had not cut the grass around the telephone box even though it is in their remit. Cllr Shermer to raise this with them for the future, however in the meantime Cllr Wright will ask the Lengthsman to do this just on this occasion.  Cllr Wright   Cllr Turner     Cllr Wright
 Matters Arising/Clerks Report Correspondence Received – The clerk raised the issue of the letter received from Croxden Parish Council asking for the support of the Parish Council for the reduction of the speed limit on Hollington Road. It was agreed that the Parish Clerk would send an email giving all the Councillors full support. The clerk was to list all of the councillors individually. It was also agreed to put a copy of the letter on the website so that other members of the Parish could also give their support if they wish to do so.Representatives for the Standards Committee – None of the councillors wished to apply for a position on the Standards Committee.Complaints Procedure – Having sent a copy of the Complaints procedure out before the meeting it was unanimously agreed for this to be adopted by the Parish Council and for a copy to go on the website. Supplementary Planning Document Consultation – This was noted but no further action was taken.Mural – The Clerk informed the meeting that she had spoken to the Niece of Rose Edge and she thought that the Mural was a great idea. It was agreed that the clerk would contact her again with the suggestion of “In loving Memory of Rose Edge” to go on the plaque and it was also suggested that a picture of the shop go on the plaque. Cllr Wright informed the meeting that this can be done by someone at Sudbury Garden Centre, Clerk to contact the Niece. The Mural will more than likely be done over the summer. Clerk to get a picture of Rose’s dog for the Art Group.Checking Accounts – The Clerk asked for a volunteer to check the accounts along with Cllr Ratcliffe. It was decided to ask Cllr Beckett-Fountain and Cllr Kelly to see if either of them would like to volunteer for the job. Clerk to email both Councillors.Defibrillator Network – It was agreed that the Parish Council would join the group. Clerk to replyLengthsman’ Post – The clerk informed the meeting that Mr Portman only agreed to be a Lengthsman for 12 months. This will be up in October so the Parish Council need to look for a person to take his place. It was agreed that the clerk would advertise the position on the noticeboards, website and the Facebook page, Cllr Shermer also agreed to take it to the next WI meeting.    Clerk               Clerk       Clerk           Clerk     Clerk Clerk
6.  Planning Applications (Permitted & Refused are decisions by ESBC below P/2019/00628 – Erection of a joinery workshop and associated car parking – Vinewood House Farm Marlpit Lane Denstone ST14 5HH – No ObjectionP/2019/00570 – Reserved Matters application for the erection of two dwellings including details of appearance, landscaping, layout and scale, land rear of Alvaston, College Road, Denstone, ST14 5HR – No Objection   
  7.Fresh Air Gym – Cllr Shermer informed the meeting that the Sub-committee had received 3 quotes from the following companies: Sunshine Gym £10,550Fresh Air Fitness £10,624.20Caloo £10,800 Each company was asked a number of questions and recommendations were also taken into consideration. In the end it was unanimously agreed to go with Caloo. The funding process has now begun to raise £10k to pay for the project. A funding request has also been submitted to Sarah Botham for £1000 of CCF funding. A decision will be made on this tomorrow. With regards to the other funding this will take 6-8 weeks and if this is agreed installation will take a further 6-8 weeks. It was agreed that the play area would be left as it is over the summer. Clerk to arrange the inspection of the play area.   It was raised during the meeting whether it would be possible to use some of the £10k awarded to the Parish Council when Denstone Youth Fund was “wound up”. However, Jacquie Payne informed the meeting that the decision was made by the committee to give the remaining funds to All Saints School, Ryecroft School and the majority (10,000) to Parish Council on the understanding that this was to be ring fenced for the play area on Oak Road.   Clerk raised that she had not received a reply from the enforcement team regarding dog Poo in the Village. Borough Councillor Sankey asked the clerk to forward a copy of the email to him and he would chase it.                      Clerk     Clerk
  8.V E Day Celebrations – Cllr Edmonds raised on behalf of Sue Edmonds and Sue Robins that it had been suggested that one large Street party take place in the centre of the village to mark the V E Celebration in 2020. This was agreed by the Parish Council as a good idea. A committee would be needed and it was suggested to invite the Village Hall, WI and the British Legion to join and possibly chair the committee. Cllr Edmonds and Cllr Mountney volunteered to represent the Parish Council. It was suggested that Sue Robins and Sue Edmonds attend the next Village Hall Meeting to present the idea. Cllr Edmonds to raise this with them.          Cllr Edmonds
         9.Grit Bins– The clerk informed the meeting that the grit bin had been ordered. The clerk had arranged to have it delivered directly to the school. The school will inform the clerk once the bin had been received. 
10.Social Media –. Cllr Mountney informed the meeting that she had received replies from Cllr Shermer, Turner and Wright with regards to information for the Facebook Page. Cllr Shermer is already on. Cllr Mountney requested that all the other councillors forward their details to her. Clerk requested that she be sent the questionnaire to complete. 
11.Country Show Representative – Cllr Beckett-Fountain was unable to attend the meeting but sent the following information. The Show programme design is underway and as last year will form the entry ticket into both the show and the show raffle. Entry will remain at £1. The Programme will be released for sale by the beginning of August. Certificates 1st, 2nd, 3rd and highly commended are at the printers and this year we are awarding rosettes to up to 3rd place and they are already on order. Schedule of the classes is now available and copies are being delivered around the village as well as being loaded onto Social Media. Posters will go up around the village this weekend. The date of the next meeting is Friday 12th July at 7.30p.m. in the pavilion and is open to everyone.   
12Post Office – The clerk informed the meeting that she had finally managed to get hold of the Post Office and it had been agreed with them that with effect from the 8 July the van would attend the village on Monday 9.30 to 10.30. This time had been confirmed as it would be the first call of the day. Clerk put the new details on the website, Facebook page and the notice boards in the village. It was also agreed that the clerk would put the details into a flyer which would be distributed throughout the village. This would be forwarded to Cllr Shermer for distribution.Clerk
13.Highways Issues – Traffic Issues & Stubwood sub-committee –Cllr Shermer informed the meeting that she had not heard anything further from John Kavanagh. However, she has been assured that its still in the pipeline and hopefully will have something to report at the next meeting on the 10th September.Potholes and drainage issues in the village – See item 4B.  Cllr Shermer    
14.Finance/Payments – To approve the following payments: Proposed by Cllr Edmonds and seconded by Cllr Stratton Webmaster pay for June 2019= £25.00 [LGA 1972 s142 & 144] Clerk’s pay for June 2019 (Made by Standing Order) = £340.17 [LGA 1972 s112]Clerks Back Pay until Standing Order increased – £39.11 [LGA 1972 s112]Clerk’s expenses for June 2019 = £15.00 (LGA 1972 s111)Eon Lighting June 2019 = £22.49 [Parish Councils Act 1957 s3J Etherington – Cleaning Village Hall Toilets June 2019= £40.00J Sadler – Grit Bin = £122.99C Portman – Lengthsman June =£40.00Information Commissioner = £40.00 
 Items for future Agenda None   
 Dates of next meeting, 10th September, 1st October ,5th Nov and 3rd Dec 2019 
Skip to content