PC Minutes 4 December 2018

Denstone Parish Council

PC Minutes 4th December 2018

Point Action
 Attendees: Cllr M Shermer (in chair), Cllr S Ratcliffe, Cllr K Stratton, Cllr J Turner, Cllr P Frampton and Cllr B Wright. Apologies Cllr J Mountney, Cllr E Edmonds and Borough Councillor C Smith 
 The minutes of the meeting held on the 6th November 2018 were discussed and agreed by all as correct. The minutes were signed and dated by Cllr Margaret Shermer. 
 Declaration of interest None 
 Kevin McCammon – Cllr Shermer welcomed Kevin to the meeting. The two main issues raised were coaches holding up traffic in the village and traffic from Denstone College speeding through the village. Several suggestions were made such as holding up the coaches until they have all arrived, however Kevin said that this would have a bigger impact on the school in the village. It was agreed that Kevin would take the issues to the parent’s association at Denstone College and ask them for suggestions. He will then come back to the Parish Council. He informed the meeting that if anyone in the village saw someone speeding from Denstone College they should take a note of the number plate, make and model of car and report it to him. Cllr Shermer thanked Kevin for attending the meeting.Clerk
 Reverend Elizabeth Jones Cllr Shermer welcomed Reverend Jones to the meeting. The reverend introduced herself and gave the meeting a brief background regarding her previous positions. Cllr Shermer brought the issue of the graveyard to Liz and it was agreed that Liz would look into this further and comeback to the Parish Council. Liz informed the meeting that the church is looking at having a church website and a Facebook page. Cllr Shermer thanked Liz for attending the meeting. 
6.  Adjournment for public participation  Nothing was raised. 
7 .Matters Arising/Clerks Report Correspondence Received – Cllr Turner asked the clerk to investigate the possibility of free grit for the village. Accounts – 1st Quarter – The accounts were signed off as a true record by Cllr Frampton and Cllr Ratcliffe. Precept 2019/20 – The budget was discussed and it was unanimously agreed that the precept for 2019/20 will be £15,900.00 an increase of 3%. Stubwood Hollow – The clerk informed the meeting that she is still waiting to hear from Richard Rayson regarding this issue. Lady Meadow Bridge – The clerk informed the meeting that she had sent off the pictures from Cllr Stratton and is awaiting a reply.  Clerk       Clerk
8.Planning There were no planning issues to discuss.   
      9.Country Show – Cllr Shermer informed the meeting that that a meeting was held on the 30th November regarding the Country Show 2019. It was agreed at that meeting that the show would be affiliated by the Tom Boden Memorial Sports Trust. The following positions were also agreed. Chair – Laurie Beckett-Fountain Treasurer – Philip Frampton Signage – Jill Brown Publicity & Brochure – Liz Ratcliffe The position of Secretary and Communications still to be appointed. The theme for the show will be All Creatures Great & Small. The next meeting will be held on the 1 February 2019 at 7pm in the Village Hall. 
      10.Teen Play Area Survey – Unfortunately the previous meeting of the sub-committee had to be cancelled, however there a new one has been scheduled for the 18th December 2018. Cllr Shermer informed the meeting that she would report back at the next meeting.  Cllr Shermer
11.Dog Poo Bins – The clerk informed the meeting that all is well at the moment. 
12.BKV – Cllr Shermer updated the meeting of the BKV committee that met on the 14th November 2018. The next meeting is scheduled for the 16th January 2019 at 7pm at the home of Cllr Mountney’s. 
13.Social Media – It was agreed in the absence of Cllr Mountney this would be referred to the next meeting. 
14.Lengthsman – It was agreed that the Parish Council would retain the title of Lengthsman for this position. Cllr Shermer informed the meeting that Cavell Portman had signed the contract and had started work. Clerk agreed to send a copy of the contract to Cllr Turner.    Clerk
15.The Graveyard – Please see item 5. 
16.Proposed 20mph speed limit – It was agreed that the clerk would send a copy of the map to Richard Rayson outlining the suggested area of the village for 20mph.Clerk
17.Village Hall Committee Member – Cllr Shermer Updated the meeting. 
18.Highways Issues – Traffic Issues & Stubwood sub-committee – Nothing to add.Potholes and drainage issues in the village – Clerk to report the drainage next to the Fountain.Footpaths – Nothing to add.    Clerk
19.Finance/Payments All payments were proposed by Cllr Frampton Seconded by Cllr Wright. Webmaster pay for October 2018 £25.00 = £25.00 [LGA 1972 s142 & 144] Clerk’s pay for October (Made by Standing Order) = £340.17 [LGA 1972 s112]Clerks back pay for October 2018 = £15.70 LGA 1972 s112]Clerk’s expenses for October 2018 = £15.00 (LGA 1972 s111)Eon Lighting October 2018 = £17.63 [Parish Councils Act 1957 s3]J Etherington – Cleaning Village Hall Toilets October 2018 = £53.60British Legion Poppy Appeal – Remembrance Wreath = £40.00Highway Lighting Maintenance = £94.86Jacquie Payne – Denstone Meadow = £14.95W Burton & Sons Ltd – Denstone Meadow =184.80 
 Items for future Agenda  Revisit the Neighbourhood Plan 
 Dates of next meeting 8th January, 5th February and 5th March 
Skip to content